Stan's NoTubes sealant can be used to prevent leaks and repair punctures for standard and tubeless bicycle tires. I add it to the tubeless tires on my Niner SIR 9 about every six months. The following instructions assume you have presta valves with removable cores.
1) Deflate tire such that its presta valve core can be removed.
2) Unscrew the presta valve core using needle-nose pliers or a presta valve core removal tool.
3) Shake the 2 ounce bottle with its tip down.
4) Slowly pour sealant into the presta valve while keeping the valve at a fifteen degree angle from the ground so that the sealant is not blown back out. This is challenging to do with a 16 ounce bottle because the spokes get in the way. Thus, I recommend using a 2 ounce, and refilling it with a 16 ounce if that is more economical.
5) Screw in the presta valve core and inflate to desired pressure.
6) Disperse sealant across the interior surface of the tire (or tube) by spinning the wheels in an upright position and then twice more horizontally, a few spins with each side face up.